Sunday, May 11, 2008

What is this blog about?

Two of the passions that my wife and I have are wine and food, in that order.

We really enjoy learning about wine, going to wine tastings, buying wine for our modest collection and trying different restaurants.

This is not yet another blog that says "this wine smells like cassis and plum and I give it 90 points!". Honestly, I don't find wine reviews all that interesting and I figure a large number of you don't as well.

Instead, I plan to focus more on what going to the winery or tasting was like, whether we liked the wines or not and why.

I also plan to talk a lot about the interesting things I learn along the way, the kinds of things I'll mention to my wife or our friends in our daily conversations.

For the food side of this blog, I want to add the the reviews you can get on the web about various restaurants, throw in my 2 cents on a particular restaurant. Because I live in Seattle, most of the restaurants mentioned are going to be in this area although my wife and I are lucky enough to travel now and again and trying new restaurants is always high on the list and I'll review those as well.

Not sure at this point where this will end up but I hope that I can provide something useful and interesting for anyone willing to read.

I am very open to feedback so please, don't hesitate to contact me from this blog.

No comments: